Why not take advantage of the great summer events we have going on in the Parksville/ Qualicum Beach Area! There’s something going on every day of the week!
- Sunday (The first of every month) Afternoon Dancing - On the first Sunday each month, beginning on January 5 at the Rotary House in Qualicum Beach. The music will play from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30. Dance styles include Waltzes, Polkas, Two-Steps, Schottisches, Jigs, Reels and more. Admission of $2.50 will include light refreshments. Everyone is welcome to dance and/or just listen to the good Old Time Fiddle tunes.
- Mondays – Open Mic - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PMAcoustic Open Mic every Monday day evening at the Shady Rest Pub in Qualicum Beach. Great food. C’mon down & play some tunes
- Tuesdays - Parksville Summer by the Sea Street Market, also known as the Craig Street Market, held every Tuesday night from mid-June to the end of August, from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.Over 140 exceptional artisans offer everything from wrought iron work, rock candles to wooden toys; we definitely have something for everyone. Add tasty food and a fabulous line-up of entertainment for your enjoyment. Come out and support our local merchants, as well as vendors traveling from all over Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
- Wednesdays – The Magnolia Court Summer Market in Bowser returns for a second year featuring 20 vendors, live music, food, and most of the shops in Magnolia Court will stay open including The Messenger’s Emporium, Lighthouse Gifts, Salish Sea Market, Powerhouse Fitness Club and Dress for Les. From June 11 until August 27th the market will take place every Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the parking area of the court.Proceeds from the market will benefit the Bowser Senior Housing Society in its quest to build a local facility.
- Thursdays – Qualicum Beach Uptown Summer Market - Thursday Evenings: 6:00pm – 9:00pm July &August Qualicum Beach, summer market will be running every Thursday evening from 6pm – 9pm from July 3rd to August 28th, 2014 on 2nd Avenue in Qualicum Beach. There will be vendors, musicians and local artists lining the street. Merchants and restaurants will be staying open in the evening for your shopping and dining pleasure.
- Saturdays – Qualicum Beach Farmers Market – a great way to start your Saturday morning. Whether you’re visiting for the first time, or are a lifelong Oceanside resident, a visit to Veteran’s Way and Memorial is where you’ll find the best in fresh fruits, vegetables and berries, plants and cut flowers, fresh baked goods, jams and jellies, fish, chicken and pork, as well as a wide range of local crafts. The Orange Bridge Market is open 10am until 2pm every Saturday from June 14 until the end of August. Crafts, clothing, flea market items, and entertainment. The Errington Farmers Market is open Saturdays from 10 AM to 1 PM, every Saturday from May 3rd to Sept. 27th, in The Errington Community Park, located at the corner of Veterans Road and Errington Rd.
Don’t forget to check out these other events you and the family won’t want to miss!
- July 12-13th – Parksville Sand Sculpting Competition – A world class event for Master Sand Sculptors and an official qualifying event for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting. Master Sand Sculptors travel from all corners of the globe to participate in our remarkable competition and exhibition in Parksville, BC. Sculptors have 24 hours over three days to create their masterpieces from just sand and water (and a lot of ingenuity!). Public viewing opens Sat, July 12 at 2 pm.
- July 13th – Skim Fun on the Beach at Qualicum Beach Beach Day- on 13 July 2014. Skimboard Demos. Skimboards to try. Skim fun for all ages. Come along and give it a go!
- July 14th – August 17th – The Quality Foods Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition and Exhibition- aka “Parksville Sandcastle competition”, is a world class event for Master Sand Sculptors and is an official qualifying event for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting! Master Sand Sculptors travel from all corners of the globe to participate in our remarkable competition and exhibition in Parksville, British Columbia, Canada. Sculptors have 24 hours over three days to create their masterpieces from just sand and water (and a lot of ingenuity!). Sculptures are open to viewing by the public until August 17th. Be sure to check out all the other events that take place at the beach during this month-long festival. This year’s theme is A Celebration of Music!
- July 18th- Salsa on the Beach - Are you interested in an evening of dining, dancing, fun and games under the stars in Qualicum Beach? On Friday July 18 the Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Qualicum Beach Memorial Golf Course and Thalassa Restaurant present “Salsa Under the Stars”. For more details Salsa Under the Stars or call 250-752-0960 or contact [email protected]
- July 19th- 20th – The Parksville Lions International Kite Fest – is an extraordinary kite flying fiesta that celebrates the art of the kite. At beautiful Parksville beach, kite flyers of all persuasions will grace the skies with their colourful creations.
- July 20th – “Jazz, Tea & Cheesecake”… says it all.Our 9th annual celebration of the “Standards” featuring the Arntzens “Black Stick Band” plus “Company B”. Many cows for scenery. Bring lawn chairs and sunhat. Judy’s famous Little Qualicum Cheesecake made with low cal Fromage Frais may be the enduring star of our annual event at Morningstar Farm along of course with Phil’s fruity Mooberry Wine and Little Qualicum Cheeseworks samples, tea and coffee. Admission – Adults: $25; 18 & under free.
- July 26th – 42nd Annual St. Marks Fair – Saturday, July 26th, 2014 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM The fair has been held in July in Qualicum Beach since 1972, when it was started as a flea market. It has evolved into a really fun event for the whole family, with free entertainment, delicious food, a children’s area, and new surprises every year!
- July 26th - OSBC Parksville Pro/Am Skim Comp- Divisions for Beginners through to Pro Flatland Skimboarders. Sign up 10:30am for 11:00am start.
- July 26th – Panther Valley Day - Did you know that Parksville once was home to so many cougars that early settlers referred to it as “Panther Valley”? To commemorate Parksville’s early history and celebrate these beautiful creatures, the Parksville Museum & Archives at Craig Heritage Park invites you to join us for Panther Valley Day – a day of music, pony rides, face painting, scavenger hunts, and historical demonstrations! There will be fun for all ages at this educational family event.
- July 27th –Art in the Park - Art in the Park is a Parksville Beach Festival event that features 75 artisans showcasing and selling their home-made treasures. From photography, paintings and pottery to jewelry, glass art and wood. Event runs from 10 am until 4 pm and includes musical entertainment and food vendors. Artisans can apply online until July 20 (space permitting).
- July 31st- Aug 3rd- The Coombs Bluegrass Festival- is the oldest in BC, celebrating our 36th Bluegrass Festival this summer. Please join us for a fun filled weekend of bluegrass & camping, July 31, August 1,2, 3, 2014 at the Coombs Rodeo Grounds. Camping and parking available on site. For you regulars we have some surprises in store for you! Admission: Adult: $80.00 weekend pass; Children under 12 free.
- August 2-3rd – Shriner’s Show and Shine –Cruise on August 2nd and August 3, 2014 will be the 25th Anniversary of the summer Car Show in Parksville, BC. While it is the Car Show’s 25th anniversary it will be the first of many Van Isle Shriners Show & Shine Car Shows hosted by Shriners from the Nanaimo & District Shrine Club and the Parksville-Qualicum Shrine Club. It will be held at the Parksville Beach location as always along with the attendant vendors and sponsors.
- August 8-10th – Hidden Treasures - Dragon collective will be exhibiting a dozen local artists, wine and cheese, live music and more. Updates this summer on times. Friday night is opening night!
- August 9th – QF Festival of Lights – Quality Food’s ‘Festival of Lights’ fireworks display takes place a the Parksville Community Parks as part of the Parksville Beach Festival, the night before KidFest.
- August 9-10th – Coombs Fair – In 2014, our 101st Annual Coombs Fair will be held.This year, we’ll be celebrating all things PIG, so get ready to squeal for glee and have a sooey-t time!Since 1913, the Coombs Fair has been celebrating local agriculture and community. We’re a family affair with lots to do and see. From livestock to garden produce, arts & crafts, photography, needlework and domestic science, many hours of work go into the exhibits at the fair. Children and youth are an important part of keeping traditional, local agriculture alive in these ever-changing times, and 4-H is a huge component of our fair. We extend a warm welcome to everyone to come and enjoy the Coombs Fair.
- August 10th – Kid Fest - KidFest is a non-profit organization that works with community businesses, sponsors and groups to provide the local and visiting public a wonderful, fun-filled day of exciting musical entertainment, interactive activities and quality family time.
- August 15th – Music by the Bay Concert Series at Deep Bay Marine Field Station- Local musicians will perform a delightful mix of music while guests enjoy breathtaking views of Baynes Sound and feast on a sumptuous buffet dinner, prepared by resident Red Seal chef Lila Ruzicka. See below for more information about each concert. Doors open at 5:30pm. Dinner & Concert 6:pm – 9:30 pm $60/Show or $160/Series
We recently had some new professional photos taken of the resort rooms and amenities. Here is a little teaser! Check out our photo gallery to see all of the Resort photography.
Summer is officially here! We are excited for all the upcoming events and actvities and of course the sunny weather!
- North Island Wildlife Recovery Live Raptor Presentation at Rathtrevor Park Amphitheater (Wednesdays)
- Qualicum Beach Farmers Market (Saturdays)
- Errington Farmers Market (Saturdays)
- Acting Workshop with Jay Doige, Children 6-12 (June 30-July 4)
- Parksville Canada Day Celebrations (July 1)
- Childrens Art Workshops with Janice Erwin (July 7-11)
- Parksville Sand Sculpting Competition (July 12 & 13)
- Skimboard Fun on the Beach, Qualicum Beach (July 13)
- Quality Foods Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition and Exhibition (July 14-Aug 17)
- Childrens Art Workshops with Kelly Ulrick (July 14-18)
- Parksville Lions International Kite Fest (July 19 & 20)
- 42nd Annual St. Marks Fair, Qualicum Beach (July 26)
- OSBC Parksville Pro-Am Skim Competition (July 26)
- Acting Workshop with Jay Doige, Children 6-12 (July 28-Aug 1)
- 36th Annual Coombs Bluegrass Festival (July 31-Aug 3)
For more information on events in Parksville, please click here…
There are some great events and activities in the Parksville & Qualicum Beach area. If you would like more information, give us a call 1-877-977-8669.
- Ongoing, Monday Open Mic - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Acoustic Open Mic every Monday day evening at the Shady Rest Pub in Qualicum Beach. Great food. C’mon down & play some tunes
- Ongoing – Tuesdays Until May 27 -Tea by The Sea- Tea by the Sea at the Deep Bay Marine Field Station, Tuesdays, April 8 – May 27. Join us for Tuesday high tea including delicious sandwiches, pastries and other goodies prepared our chef. Tea includes admission to the Station. Enjoy stunning views of Baynes Sound, and learn about marine science through colourful exhibits, a large public aquaria and touch tanks teeming with local marine life.
- Ongoing – Wednesday Timberline Dance – Free, live classic Country and Rock’n Roll music that lets you hear yourself think and hold onto your dance partner! Every Wednesday, 7:30 to 10:30 pm Parksville Legion, 146 West Hirst St., Parksville. All adults welcome!
- Ongoing – Old Time Thursday Dances Every Thursday, September to June, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM – Rotary House, corner of Beach and Fern in Qualicum Beach. A variety of dance styles, including waltzes, reels, jigs, two-steps, polkas, schottisches and more are played by the Coombs Old Time Fiddlers from a large repertoire of classic and country tunes. The format is two hours of dancing with a half-hour intermission. Non-alcoholic refreshments are provided. Admission $2.50 and snack included. Info: 250-586-3743.
- Ongoing Saturday Qualicum Beach Farmers Market – a great way to start your Saturday morning. Whether you’re visiting for the first time, or are a lifelong Oceanside resident, a visit to Veteran’s Way and Memorial is where you’ll find the best in fresh fruits, vegetables and berries, plants and cut flowers, fresh baked goods, jams and jellies, fish, chicken and pork, as well as a wide range of local crafts.
- Ongoing – Sunday Afternoon Dancing - On the first Sunday each month, beginning on January 5 at the Rotary House in Qualicum Beach. The music will play from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30. Dance styles include Waltzes, Polkas, Two-Steps, Schottisches, Jigs, Reels and more. Admission of $2.50 will include light refreshments. Everyone is welcome to dance and/or just listen to the good Old Time Fiddle tunes.
- May10-11 – The MARS Garden Tour – includes eleven or twelve gardens that open to the public in this annual Mothers Day weekend event. Hours 10-4. Tickets at $15 include a map for this self-driving tour. Tickets available at most local nurseries, Milner Gardens and both Mulberry Bookstores.
- May 16th – MACoustic Folk Club Concert Series happens on the third Friday of every month in the lovely Concert Gallery. Tickets are $10 and will be available in advance this year, online and at the McMillan Arts Centre. The first half of each concert is an open stage, so bring your axe and show your stuff to our appreciative, friendly audience.
- May23-25 - Vancouver Island International Tribute Festival – Renowned Tributes To Your Favorite Musical Icons: Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Cher, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks , Roy Orbison, Liza Minnelli, Wynonna & Naomi – The Judds, The Everly Brothers, Peter Paul & Mary and many more.
- May 24th Songs and Stories of Davy the Punk with Bob Bossin- at the ErringtonHall, 8:00 pm – Saturday. Created from memoirs of Bob’s fathers life in the world of Toronto gambling in the 1930′s & ’40s. Tickets are $20 at Cranky Dog in Parksville, Heaven on Earth in Qualicum & the Errington Store. Coffee and treats available.
- May 24th -Wesley Ridge Guided Hike- Hike steep, old-growth forest trails to the ridge for a look at the Salish Sea and the nearby peaks of Mt. Cokely and Mt. Arrowsmith. This is a chance to test your personal fitness and make some alpine hiking goals. Saturday May 24 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, cost is $37 per person. Phone to pre-register with RDN, Recreation and Parks at 250-248-3252. View recreation programs online at rdn.bc.ca/recreation
- May24th - The Great Garage Sale- Clean out the attic and sell those no longer needed items at The Great Garage Sale. The Oceanside Place Arena will be transformed into a giant flea market on Saturday May 24 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, this is where you will want to be. Free admission. Book a table for $19; call RDN, Recreation and Parks 250-248-3252. View recreation programs online at rdn.bc.ca/recreation
- June 13th- Seaside Cruizers Cruise- starting at Harris Parksville Chevrolet. Event runs from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Cruise departs at 7:15 pm. Food, fun, entertainment and auto displays.
- June 14th- Classic Car Poker Run- which covers approximately 22km. Starts and ends at Arrowsmith Golf & Country Club. Parking starts at 9:00 am with the Poker Run kicking off at 11:00 am. Lots of food, prizes, BBQ lunch, Putting Course Challenge, and much more!
- June 14th - Seaside Cruizers Annual Street Dance – in the heart of downtown Qualicum Beach. Live Rock ‘n Roll music featuring the Maloomba Boogie Band. Dancing & Fun for the whole family and it is FREE. Food & refreshments available too ! Music starts at 6:00 pm. Don’t miss it!
- June 15th - Qualicum Beach Seaside Cruizers Father’s Day Show ‘N Shine - with over 600 cars displayed on the streets, Shriner’s Pancake Breakfast, Raffles, T-Shirt sales, “Kid’s Zone”, Prize giveaways, food vendors, and local Shops & Restaurants open all day! Pancake Breakfast starts at 7:30am. Cars on display by 9:00 am. with trophies given at approx. 2:30 pm. Come for the whole day. Fun for the whole family!
If you would like to add an event to our listing please email [email protected]
Have you been to Beachcomber in Nanoose Bay?
Beachcomber is a nature lover’s paradise and it’s only 10 mins away from Sunrise Ridge! Enjoy the beautiful beaches, or spend hours watching the log boom from across the beautiful bay. Just enjoy the abundance of wildlife around you! You’ll fall in love with your surroundings!
Must See Spots:
Watch as the boats come and go from the marina! Even better, enjoy the wild life in North West Bay that includes sea lions, birds, deer, and much more!
“It’s situated at the end of Nanoose’s Beachcomber Peninsula and offers spectacular views west across Craig Bay to Parksville and Mount Arrowsmith and north across the Strait of Georgia to the mainland coastal mountains. At low tide, large flat rocks are exposed which makes great territory for exploring and tide pool investigating. Away from the sea, enjoy short walking trails through arbutus, Douglas-fir and Gary Oak woodland.”
Keep checking back to learn about more hidden treasures in the Parksville/Qualicum Area!